Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's a Boy!!!

I was pretty sure up until yesterday that I was having a girl. When I first found out that I was pregnant, I thought it was a boy. However, after talks with my girls, dreams, and a Chinese Conception Calendar, I changed my mind. So for the last several weeks, I've been thinking all girl!! NOPE!

I honestly didn't want one more than the other. More than anything, I want a healthy baby. The sex didn't matter. But there were very specific reasons why I did want a girl or boy.

I know girls! I'm a girl and my sisters are girls! :) I spent so much time with Mackenzie when she was little that I really felt like I wouldn't be as lost. I love frilly girly things, bows, dance, and all that jazz. The nursery was going to be so easy to pull off. Lastly, I really wanted to see my husband with a baby girl. It would have melted my heart.

Both of my sisters have girls, NO BOYS!! So this will be the first grandson for my parents. My dad and brothers really wanted a boy and Chris is the last Callahan, so I wanted to give my family the first boy. I've also always wanted to be the crazy sports mom and have a boy that would think I was the greatest thing since sliced bread. A "mama's boy" I guess you could say. I'm so anxious to see Chris with his little man. I can't wait to watch Chris teach him how to fish and how to start a fire when we're camping. However, this nursery is going to be so much more difficult!! I know what I want in that room, but executing it is going to be so difficult. I'll definitely be doing a lot of Internet research!

As soon as I scan the ultrasound pictures, I'll post them.

I can't wait to meet my son. February can't come soon enough! So excited!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment