Monday, June 13, 2011

Mommy, Edward, and Stroller Strides!

This morning was our first time at Stroller Strides. It's a group of moms that get together with their babies to exercise. There's an instructor that leads the group. While we exercise, we sing songs to our babies as we do squats, lunges, etc. There's lots of walking and jogging. This class kicked my butt. I don't think I'll be able to walk tomorrow, but we had so much fun! Chris and I bought the car seat adapter for the BOB stroller last weekend so that Edward wouldn't have to sit in the stroller, because he's still a little small. I was worried that he wouldn't sit in the seat the entire class because he's not a huge fan of the car seat. He has been much better, and the instructor, Chellie, assured me that this is all about the babies. If I needed to stop and tend to him, it's perfectly fine. However, he totally shocked me!! He sat in the seat the whole time and was a happy camper. He smiled and giggled at me while I made a fool of myself in front of him. He's such a good sport!! I'm so glad that I found a way to exercise 3 days a week with the baby. He's too small to go into a childcare setting at the gym, so this class fits perfectly into our schedule for the summer. Perfect body, here I come! Well, maybe not perfect, but better!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment